How can I get a cheap smile makeover for chipped and blotchy teeth that looks good? I am deciding between online veneers for my teeth or dental bonding veneers. I wanted porcelain veneers from a dentist, but I had two consultations and got quotes of almost $2,000 per veneer. My dentist also gave me the alternative of bonding on my eight front teeth for $750. I don’t want to pick the cheapest option and have it fall off my teeth, but how do I decide if I’m on a budget? – Thanks. Miguel
We will explain the differences between dental bonding, porcelain veneers, and online veneers.
How Can You Get a Cheap Smile Makeover That Looks Good?
A smile makeover that looks good and is healthy for your teeth will not be not cheap. However, if you focus on cost, you can find a dentist for dental bonding or porcelain veneers, but you increase the chances of the work looking fake and not lasting. You will need to have the cosmetic dentistry work redone, costing you even more money.
Composite Veneers vs. Porcelain Veneers
An advanced dentist can rejuvenate chipped, blotchy teeth with dental bonding or porcelain veneers. We explain the differences. The costs depend on several factors, including the condition of your teeth, where you live in the U.S., and the cosmetic dentist’s experience and fees.
You can expect the following with dental
- Materials: Dental resin (plastic) and glass
- Process: Layering selected composite by hand on each tooth, and then sharpening, hardening, and polishing it
- Longevity: Five to ten years, depending on the quality and how well you take care of it
- Stain resistance: It is porous and absorbs stains with time
- Tooth preparation: Lightly etching the tooth enamel
- Cost per tooth: $400 to $700 or more
- Materials: Dental porcelain
- Process: Taking impressions of your teeth to make custom veneers and bond them to the fronts of the affected teeth
- Longevity: Eight to 15 years or more for high-quality veneers
- Stain resistance: Resists stains
- Tooth preparation: May require removing tiny amounts of tooth enamel for a precise fit
- Cost per tooth: $1,500 to $4,500
What About Online Veneers?
When you buy veneers online, they are one tray that fits over your teeth. Although you will take impressions of your teeth and send them to a lab to process the veneers, they are not a long-term solution. Online veneers cover your teeth and wear out quickly if you wear them daily. They will not improve the flaws in your teeth or restore your oral health.
Schedule a consultation with at least two cosmetic dentists to discuss your options. Be prepared to invest in quality cosmetic dentistry that lasts. You can ask the dentists about payment plan options to make care more affordable.
Plano, Texas, female dentist Dr. Miranda Lacy sponsors this post.